Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Master bedroom

Hi all!!

I can NOT believe that tomorrow is the last day of 2015!! This year seriously flew by!!
I guess it is true that when you are having fun, that time does fly!

For my last post of the year, I wanted to do a post about our Master bedroom because that is a room that is so special to me and my husband and thought it would be fun to share with you guys the progress of making the master bedroom truly fit our taste!

Before we moved in to our new house in September, I had all these visions of how I wanted certain rooms to look. From magazines to pinterest, I had so many ideas and dreams of how I wanted to decorate the house. One of the things I really wanted to do was to have an accent wall for the Master bedroom. I thought accent walls had to be "wallpaper". As soon as I mentioned "wallpaper" to my husband, he was like " no, no, no, NO, NO" before I even got to show him what I wanted to do. He was very VERY against the wallpaper idea. So, as the days went by I sort of gave up on my dream accent wall idea. I would go to paint shops and browse their wall paper section but I knew how much my husband hated wall paper so I would sadly walk away every time. Slowly but surely I stopped thinking about having an accent wall in the Master.

Until one day....I came across the Cutting Edge Stencils website.
BOY WAS I EXCITED!!!!!!!!
I immedietly started googling and looking for different wall stencil ideas.
I showed my husband the ideas and he immediately gave me the OK...well...I guess we all know that that is not true.
He said stenciling is one of the hardest things to do especially for such a large space because it always end up bleeding through the stencil and creating a huge mess.
So, I started my research again. I wasn't going to let my accent wall dream slip away again.
I was so determined on stenciling our accent wall that my husband finally gave me the go to to purchase the stencil. YIPPPEEE YAY!

I knew exactly which stencil I wanted and I went ahead and purchased it.
A few days later it came in the mail!!
I knew that I wanted a metallic silver paint for the stencil since that is the color scheme I was going for in the master bedroom but I had NO idea which paint to get.
I searched online and went to Home Depot and browsed the Ralph Lauren section but I felt like the silver I was going for was not "that" silver that they carried. so...my search continued on until I walked in to Michaels one day and found this one. I purchased two bottles and was ready to start stenciling! ( I only ended up using half of one bottle!)

It took us about 3 weeks to actually start stenciling since we bought all the tools but, we finally decided to do it couple weekends ago.

My husband was really not excited about the whole project but....once we started doing it, he was very impressed at how awesome the stenciled wall looked ;)
It took us about 3 hours to do the whole wall but it wasn't so bad. ( we went out to grab dinner in between :))

When we finished, we were both super excited!
It really gives our master a whole new look!!! I have so much more stuff that I need to do to complete our master but I am loving our progress so far!!

The pictures doesn't do the stenciled wall any justice! It looks so much prettier in person with the shimmery paint that gives a different look depending on how the light hits!!!

Here are a few pictures of the whole process =)


BEFORE:



Dash stuck around with us the whole time while we stenciled away! 


Hubby starting the stencil






By this time, Dash was bored...


AFTER:




I hope you enjoyed this post =)

Thank you for reading as always!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe start to the New Years!
xo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment