Tuesday, June 7, 2016

BABY BABY!

So...it has been SO long since I've written a blog post and thought it was about time that I updated everyone on my pregnancy journey so far!

As most of you already know, we are expecting our very first baby girl in August and we can not be more excited!!!
The baby came very unexpected and we were very very VERY shocked when we found out that we were pregnant! Tim and I had started to talk about starting a family soon ( maybe in the next year or so) but we did not think it would be this soon! haha Nonetheless, we are SOOO SUPER excited beyond words!

I can NOT believe that I am already in my third trimester! It felt like forever and a day to get here but it also felt like time flew by!!

So far, my pregnancy has been nothing but enjoyable! ( aside from the no sushi and beer part ;P)
I guess I am one of the few lucky ones that experienced no ugly symptoms! Actually, there were like 5 days total in my first trimester that I didn't feel 100% but that was about it! Never threw up, never had severe nausea, no cravings, pretty much had no symptoms at all!
My pregnancy experience so far has been so pleasant that I really sometimes forget that I am pregnant...lol

One of the biggest day so far in my pregnancy (aside from finding out that we were expecting) was the day we found out the baby's gender!!!

It was the beginning of April when we went to the Doctors to see if our ultrasound tech can determine if the baby is a boy or girl. ( I was 18 weeks) We told her when we walked into the room that we did not want to know the gender yet so when she examined the baby's bottom part, she told us to look away! She wrote down if it was a boy or girl on a paper and sealed it tightly in an envelope. We were SO excited to find out the sex but we decided we wanted our friends to be there when we find out so we dropped off the envelope at a cake shop and patiently waited until that night to reveal the gender.
And that night, we found out that we were having a GIRL!!!!!!!!

Its actually kind of funny because I was so sure that I was going to have a baby boy! My nurses, doctors, ultrasound tech, [most] friends all guessed ( just for fun based on my [no] symptoms) BOY!
(There is an old wives tale that say that being pregnant with a girl, you experience severe morning sickness, nausea type symptoms during the first trimester but with a boy, its supposed to be significantly lighter or no symptoms. ) Actually, there are several other wives tales that is supposed to 'help' you guess your baby's gender but those all pointed to BOY too!

I was sooooo beyond shocked when the cake revealed pink!!!!

I have ALWAYS dreamed of having a baby girl of my own and I can not believe my dream is finally coming true!!! I had wished so hard for a baby girl that I really thought I was going to have a baby boy ( if that makes any sense?!)
Either boy or girl, we would have been super duper excited but I am just over the moon that I get to have my own baby girl!! ahhhh!!!! =)

A couple of days later, as the shock faded away, and the joy filled my heart, all of a sudden I got really nervous!
I started googling different articles and asking my "mommy" friends how accurate the ultra sound tech usually are. lol I am still a bit nervous if the baby really is a girl but I guess we won't know for sure until she is born! ( But at my 24 week appointment, the ultra sound tech checked again and she said that the baby is indeed a girl =) so...fingers crossed!!)


I know this post is becoming wayyyy too long but before I end it, one more thing, it seems like the number 1 question we have been getting lately is "NAME?"
No, we do not have a name picked out for her yet! I never knew it would be this hard to choose a name!!! haha

Other than that, baby girl is moving, dancing, and kicking around like crazy inside and I can't help but smile every time I feel her kick and punch! We are so blessed beyond words and we can NOT wait to meet her in August!!!!!! I've been really bad and putting it off but...I can't wait to start decorating her nursery too!! ahh! so much exciting stuff =)



Thank you so much for reading!
xo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment