Tuesday, August 16, 2016

38 weeks bump date

As I sit here on my couch with my big ol belly sticking out, I can NOT believe that we are going to get to meet our baby girl in a few short weeks!! ( or maybe even days!!)

I feel like this past couple of months have flown by and we are finally in the last 2 weeks of our pregnancy!! It's crazy to think that baby girl has been marinating in my belly for over 9 whole months!!!

The hospital bag is packed and her sleep situation in our bedroom is ready! Let's do this!!!

I've been doing lots of laundry for her stuff and I am about 95% done with that! Her clothes are so tiny and cute! Its hard to imagine that a little human will fit into such tiny clothes!!

Our baby girl is SO super active and she is constantly having her own dance party in my belly! I jokingly call her cray cray because she seriously moves around sooooo much! ( esp at night when I am relaxing on the couch) At our last doctors visit last week, the doctor said baby girl is really low already and he said it looks like she may be making her appearance a little before her due date!! so yay!!! we will see ;)

We attended a couple of hospital classes in the past few weeks such as preparing for labor and infant CPR which I think was pretty informative and helpful!

SYMPTOMS: Just like my whole pregnancy, the third trimester has been nothing but enjoyable! However, just recently, I have started getting sharp shooting nerve pains down my inner thighs and it feels like it gets worse (stronger) by the day. Sometimes it hurts so bad, I literally jump in public...I never know when its coming or how strong it will be so its kind of scary but...it usually happens at night while I am sitting on the couch watching TV so I guess its not too bad...I also get a lot of pelvic pressure since the baby is so low now, that can get pretty intense too...but nothing that I can't bare!

OMG one of the craziest symptoms(?) is that my feet got bigger! I heard that your feet may grow but I really didn't think MY feet will grow!!! I am SO bummed!! I heard once they grow, they don't go back!!! What am I going to do with all my shoes!?!?!?! :(
Thankfully, it has only grown a little bit so most of my shoes still fit but some of them that were already snug to begin with, they don't fit anymore!!! ahhh! SO SAD!!!!!! I am secretly hoping that they will go back =)

SWELLING: I am so lucky that I have not experienced any swelling anywhere on my body up to this date! I was so afraid of swelling and bloating but I've gotten really lucky with this pregnancy!! I've always ate a lot of bananas and I've done the same through out my pregnancy so Tim thinks that helped ( potassium) lol and I also kept myself active by swimming daily so that might have helped too! Stretch marks were also a major concern of mine as well as swelling and...lucky lucky me have not had any stretch marks so far! I used this cream on my belly through out my pregnancy which kept my tummy skin moisturized and I heard stretch marks are mostly genetics so if your mom/siblings got stretch marks, I heard no matter what you do, you will still end up with them but luckily for me, my mom nor my sister got any stretch marks during their pregnancy so I may have just gotten lucky with good genes ;)

SLEEP: Aside from waking up to use the bathroom (at this point, I am use to it) , I have been sleeping like a baby through out the night =) yay! No insomnia or difficulty sleeping here!
I do get super tired through out the day (def more than usual) I usually am ready to hit the bed around 11:30pm! (so early!)

FOOD: I haven't had any weird cravings my entire pregnancy and I probably won't have any for the rest either...However, I did have a month or so in the beginning of my third trimester that the only thing I wanted to eat were carbs & sugar! All I ever wanted to eat was bread and sweets ( pastries and chocolate)! Thank goodness that craving is over!!! I still love sweets ( like I always have) so I eat ice cream or something sweet probably once or twice a day ( I know! so bad!)  but compared to what I was eating during those few weeks of carbs cravings, I think I cut back ALOT!!!!! haha Hopefully I don't blow up in the last 2 weeks!

EXCERCISE: I tried to stay as active as possible through my entire pregnancy! I run my regular errands ( going to Target ;)) and I try not to stay seated for too long. I usually swim or walk in the pool at least a few times a week too! But since my last visit, my doctor told me that he doesn't recommend me swimming anymore for the remainder of my pregnancy because I will not know if my water broke or not...so I guess no more exercise for me...haha

That about sums up my third trimester!
Everyday I wake up excited knowing that we get to meet our little nugget soon!
Hopefully the next 2 weeks goes by as smoothly as it has been going!


Thank you for reading!
xo,
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment